How does the shipment work?
After you place and pay for your order in our webshop, a confirmation email is sent to the email address provided by the customer. Please allow 5-7 business days for us to process your order. After your parcel has been shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number.
A shipping fee is added to your order upon Check-Out. All orders are sent with Send Cloud. The buyer is responsible for any customs fees and duties applied by their country for importation. Shipping world wide is possible.
If you placed an order with us and did not received your order confirmation, it may be because you entered the wrong email address when you placed the order. Please contact email@example.com so we can correct your e-mail address. It may also be because the order has not gone through for some reason, then contact us before placing a new order, to avoid double orders.
When you receive your package, before opening it, make sure that the contents are still intact. Do not accept any damaged packages! You can do this by gently shaking the package, listening and feeling the box. If you hear or feel something broken, it means something is wrong. We pack the ceramics in such a way that everything is fixed in the box and has no freedom of movement. Unfortunately, the shipping companies do not always handle the parcels with care, even though they always have fragile-stickers on. Thus, we can not be held responsible if any damage or loss occurs after the parcel is handed in with the shipping agency. The same goes when a parcel is stolen or lost.
If you are not sure whether the contents are intact, please contact the shipping company immediately and notify me through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not open the package yourself if you think the contents are broken. If you do this, the insurance will not be able to intervene.
Pick up at the studio
If you would rather come and collect your order in our studio in Westerlo, Belgium, please select ‘pick - up at studio’.
Within 2 - 7 days I will contact you with the possible dates for pick-up. All personal information you provide will be handled with confidentiality.
Before opening make sure your package is not damaged
Items can not be returned.
All pieces are individually made by hand, meaning that it's possible the ceramics might slightly differ from the presented pictures and have their own uniqueness . Please take this under consideration before placing an order.
In every step we take in our studio, we always check whether this is the most sustainable choice we can make.
- All washing basins are made to order so nothing goes to waste.
The idea to make washbasins arose from a rebellion against white sterile objects that are an outcome of mass production and overwhelm us with goods that are neither sustainable, nor ethical, nor transparent.
- Other ceramic work is made in small batches so we can reduce oversupply
- Cardboard shipping boxes are 100% recycled and recyclable.
- Personal notes are printed on standard cardstock and are recycled and recyclable
- Shipping boxes are padded with shredded paper, which is also recycled and recyclable
- As much as possible we use natural, locally sourced clay
- Clay scraps are recycled continuous to create new work
- We don’t use any toxic materials or toxic oxides to color our clay or glaze
- I am driven by the idea to make functional objects that have a high artistic value and outcome so you can cherish our truly unique for many years to come
- Clay bodies are sourced directly from the Earth that makes ceramics one of the most natural materials you can use in your home
- When investing in handmade durable objects, you are willing to invest in a sustainable future by living by the principle of less is more. Investing in something you really want to cherish only increases the value of the object and its lifespan.
- Stoneware clay is a durable material but at the same time it is fragile and because of the delicate nature of it, with normal wear & tear, pieces may break. We want to encourage you to handle the handmade pieces with great care. Although they are all dishwasher safe, we highly recommend washing them by hand or wiping them with a damp cloth.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all orders placed by the customer through the website spiickaceramics.com
By placing orders on spiickaceramics.com you agree to the terms and conditions displayed below. Please make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions before placing your order. Please note that you need to be 18 years or older to shop on www.spiickaceramics.com when using a credit or debit card.
When shopping on spiickaceramics.com, you need to provide your email address, full name, postal address and your card details.
The prices displayed on spiickaceramics.com are in euro and include taxes, shipment is excluded.
We accept Mollie, Ideal, Bancontact, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
In our shop in Westerlo you can pay with payconic or cash.
All card information is handled over SSL encryption. Payment gateways are responsible for all transactions made on this website. Please read their terms & conditions.
Colors & measurement
All pieces are individually made by hand, meaning that it's possible the ceramics might slightly differ from the presented pictures and have their own uniqueness . Please be aware that due to different monitors and screen resolutions, colors may seem different on the screen, then in reality. All pieces are presented with descriptions of materials and measurements.
Handle & care
Our ceramic pieces are made out of stoneware clay, a hard and durable material made to last for years to come, if handled properly. Ceramics may break because of its fragile nature just with normal wear & tear. However, we want to encourage you by using the following instructions, to handle the pieces with care so they can be enjoyed for as lons as possible.
We highly recommend hand washing the pieces for a longer lasting, especially the pieces with a less shiny glaze surface.
The sculptural pieces should only be washed by hand or wiped with a damp cloth.
Using a mild detergent is advised, both in the dishwasher or when washed by hand. The strong washing up liquids may, with time, damage the glaze and make the surface matte, crackled and/or make it easier for cutlery to leave marks on the surfaces.
Never pour boiling hot water over or into the ceramic pieces. This can cause a shock reaction that can crack the piece.
Events outside our control, which is not reasonably foreseeable, shall be considered Force Majeure, meaning that I am entirely released from all obligations to fulfill contractual agreements.
Examples of Force Majeure are war, civil war, revolution, riot, strikes, embargo, sabotage, natural disasters, government action or omission, new or amended legislation, lockout, blockage, failure of electricity, telephone or internet service, natural disasters or lack of delivery from suppliers or similar events.